There are definitely some factors you will need to consider prior to
submitting your application.
Firstly…if you have never worked before, then you should proceed with
caution. The Show environment is not your average retail store. The positions available at the show are for Junior Salespersons.
- The work is repetitive, hours unpredictable & changed with little notice.
- You may be required to work alone & unsupervised.
- The finishing time may be late at night (up to 10pm).
- Show customers may be alcohol or drug affected, abusive, impatient and sometimes intentionally dishonest. Clear thinking and adherence to training will give you the tools to handle such situations.
- Successful applicants will need to use a cash register with confidence,
and serve many customers in a quick and accurate manner. If you have worked in a fast food outlet or supermarket recently you will have an idea of what it is like. Training is provided.
- Once your application has been received, short-listed applicants will be emailed for an interview time.
2020 Show Dates are as follows:
- Brisbane Show – 7th August to 15th August 2021
- Adelaide Show – 4th September to 12th September 2021
- Melbourne Show – 23rd September to 3rd October 2021
Whilst applicants will not be rostered on for the entire event, we ask that the entire time be made available exclusively for the Show – as
extra shifts can be available at short notice. If you are available for less than 10 days during this time, your application may not be considered.
If you believe that your retail experiences are suitable (gained in front counter fast food, or other fast paced retail environment), then please download the application form and complete in legible handwriting or type.
**Note – please make sure your email address is clear as this is the first point of contact. Email addresses that are illegible or incorrect will not be followed up.
We cannot reply to applicants who do not include their email address.
Return the form by email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
(best way to ensure it is received).
Fax to 03 92879890
or post to Hunter Leisure – locked bag 24 Tullamarine Victoria 3043 (be aware that the mail system is quite slow and your application may not arrive in time).
Applications for Brisbane Show close by 10th July 2021